Concertina coil specification
Size (Diameter): 450 mm to 1050 mm (can be made as per the requirement – check with the manufacturer’s concertina coil specification)
Punched Tape concertina coils length: Around 8 to 10 running meter
Material: Hot dip GI Wire (spring core)
Thickness of Taped punch (Razor): 50 mm – it may vary with manufacturer specification
How to install a concertina coil
- First check the concertina coil material and ensure no rust and damage. Also carefully check the quality of razor barded tape and make sure there is no cut, bend or twist.
- Generally concertina coil wires are made of high tensile strength therefore It should not be cut with help of pliers.
- Straight wire should be clamped to support provided on the wall where concertina coil to be laid.
- Straight wire needs to be tighten and clamped properly with the support.
- Concertina coil needs to be fixed properly on the support and ensure proper alignment. However concertina coil should not be clamped loose otherwise it will hang at some of the locations due to self weight.
- Fencing Coil support span should not be more than 5 meters.
- Trained and skill manpower should be deployed for job and should be worn proper PPE – helmet, safety shoes, cut resistance hand gloves and safety glasses.
- Concertina coil can be installed manually therefore quality supervision is needed to avoid any loop hole in security.
- Concertina coil wire should be made as per Specifications for Galvanized steel barbed wire for fencing. - IS: 278 –1978
Concertina coil manufacturers in India
- Sumit Enterprises, New Delhi
- Bharti Enterprises, Mumbai
- Ever shine Wire products, Coimbatore
- HV communication Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi
- International wire netting Industries, Mumbai
If you like our articles then don’t forget to subscribe and like us on face book, Twitter and Google+.
Also Read: Tremix Flooring
(Image Courtesy: Suat Eman/Freedigitalphotos.net)