Tools and materials required
1. Vacuum de-watering Pump
2. Floater machine
3. Tremix skin4. Double beam screed vibrator
Material shall be as per specification such as Mix 1:1:2 and floor hardener.
- Prepare the sub-base by watering and ramming, properly ensure no loose material are left. Level the surface and lay 230 mm to 300 mm stone soling/boulder soling layer of 150 mm shall be provided and compacted properly.
- Floor slope should be maintained in PCC work, which shall be laid above the stone soling. Thickness of PCC shall be kept 100 mm.
- Tremix has to be done in panel and each panel shall be of 3.5 meter and appropriate reinforcement bar shall be laid in layer of two or one keeping the concrete cover of 50 (it may differ as per standard).
- Vacuum de-watering machines are useful, which removes excess water from the top layer of wet concrete without removing the cement of sand particles. This is done soon after concerting, ramming or vibrating with screed vibrator, and levelling first round troweling, when the concrete is fresh. It will not only increase the strength of the concrete but also increase abrasion resistance of the floor, also it is always good if hardener to be used to increase abrasion resistance of floor while using floater machine at the time of finishing the floor surface. Shrinkage cracks are also minimized by using this system.
- Further to avoid shrinkage cracks and increase the abrasion floor hardener and polyurethane fiberes are to be added to concrete in small amount. The quantity of the fibers and hardener shall be prescribed by the manufacturers.
- Casting of concrete flooring in panels to avoid shrinkage cracks and work as expansion joints, it is slow and time consuming process, specially when large area are to be floored. The concrete lay in panels without construction joint, then after panel joints shall be cut with help of cutting saw after 7 to 10 when concrete is not fully hardened. The gap so created is filled with poly sulfide or sealants.