- Providing improper slope and level will allow water to accumulate on the floor.
- Improper filling of tile joints not only weaken the flooring surface but may lead to injury due to sharp tile edges.
- Fixing tile on an uneven surface or tiles not properly glued with adhesive tend to break due to movement on the floor.
- It will give shabby look as well as allow dust to settle down if joints are not sealed firmly.
Vitrified tiles Installation check list
- Workout the total area and procure at least 7% additional tiles considering wastage.
- Tile base concrete surface should be well cleaned, free from dust and other foreign particles.
- Vitrified tiles sub-base should be well compacted and firm to take the load as supple flooring may damage tile early due to traffic movement.
- Ideally slope should be maintained in sub-base if vitrified tiles are installed directly on the hard concrete floor using adhesives.